Mobile: 0779 8655248
No one likes reading Ts & Cs but they are there to protect you, the Customer, and Bairnkine Cottages. Please take the time to read them.
Should you have any queries please email us at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions of Booking
Your booking is now even more stress free. To give our guests more peace of mind and to remove the stress and worry from booking your holiday we are protected by Master Cancel so you can cancel up to and including 2 days before the check in date and receive a full refund.
Master Cancel's flexible terms and conditions:
allow you to book with confidence, knowing that you can cancel for unforeseen circumstances and that we will refund you in full.
Delivers peace of mind by simplifying the guest cancellation process into terms that all parties can understand
Allows guests to cancel up to and including 2 days prior to check-in and receive a full refund. This will be effective for all new bookings made for holidays from 1st August onwards
The following terms apply
"Owner", "we", "us" shall mean Bairnkine Cottages ( M & L Tile)
"Customer" shall mean the person who made the booking
"Tenants" shall mean the persons in the Customers party
Please note that bookings made online are provisional until confirmed by us.
When you submit a booking via our online booking system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide on the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your deposit payment is cleared and your booking is confirmed in writing either by a letter sent in the post or email.
The Customer agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that the Terms and Conditions are followed by all members of the party, and agrees....
1. To limit the number of people occupying any one property to that stated in the brochure or website, unless by prior consent with the owner. Wild Rose, maximum 5 occupancy plus cot. Owl Cottage, maximum 6 occupancy plus cot.
2. To pay 25% of total as deposit. The deposit is payable at the time of booking. The deposit forms part of the total weekly rate for the property. The balance is payable 6 weeks before the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday please send or otherwise arrange to pay the full rent at the time of booking, having first checked that the property of your choice can be reserved for you. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges by the due date (6 weeks prior to arrival), will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-booking.
3. To accept that a completed booking form agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.
4. For any holiday with a booking date on or after 26th June 2020, and a holiday start date on or after 1st August 2020........
You will be automatically protected by our Master Cancel policy which removes the stress and worry from booking your next holiday. You can cancel up to and including 2 days before the check in date. Master Cancel's flexible terms and conditions allow you to book with confidence, knowing that if you cancel for unforeseen circumstances, we will refund you in full.
Refund Payments for cancelled bookings 61 days or more before check in date will be released to the cancelling customer within 5 days of when the cancellation is made.
Refund payments for cancelled bookings from 60 days up to and including 2 days before check in date will be released back to cancelling Customer on the scheduled date of check out of the original booking.
Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras including but not limited to cleaning fees, taxes and other ancillary charges will not be refunded.
Cancellations made 1 day prior to or on the day of check in will not be eligible for refund. For example: For a check in on a Saturday, Guests/Customers could cancel; the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but NOT Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check in).
Customers may cancel their booking by notifying us in writing that they wish to cancel. This applies to bookings made via our Website only.
For any holiday with a booking date before 26th June 2020, regardless of actual holiday date or for any holiday with a booking date on or after 26th June and a holiday start date before 1st August 2020; you are not protected by our Master Cancel policy, but we are happy to offer generous cancellation terms.
Deposit amount is fully refundable (minus administration and transaction costs) up until the date the balance is due. Should you cancel within 6 weeks of the arrival date no refund will be made except where we are able to rent the property at the full tariff when we will refund the rental charge, less deposit. We will adhere to Scottish Government advice on travel restrictions.
We strongly recommend taking out Holiday Insurance.
5. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
6. To accept that although guests are usually welcome to explore the farm and watch farm activities, there may be times (mainly for reasons of animal or human welfare) when access to farm sheds/farmland/surrounding hills may need to be restricted or even prohibited.Providing that the accommodation itself is still available, no rental rebates would be given in such circumstances. This is particularly relevant at lambing time.
7. Pets are only allowed at Wild Rose and Owl Cottage by prior permission. To keep any pets, where allowed, under strict control at all times and accept liability for any damage caused. Dogs must be house-trained, are not to be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation, unless specifically agreed with the property owners. Animal hairs to be removed from carpets and dogs are not allowed onto the furniture. Any fouling in the gardens should be cleared please. Please ask if we have any unstocked fields available whilst you are on holiday to allow you to exercise your dog off the lead.
8. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
9. To use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours, unreasonable behaviour or disrupting the running of the farm may result in the owners’ asking guests to leave.
10. To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
11. To be responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows and securing the property when absent or sleeping.
12. To respect and look after their accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy. Also to take responsibility for minimising the fire risk.
13. To notify Matt or Lucy of any breakages.
14. To agree not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons without the owners’ permission.
15. To vacate the property by 10.00 hrs latest on the final day of let, unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Guest arrival time is from 16.00 hrs. onwards.
16. The cottages and the surrounds are NON SMOKING.
17. If you are hiring both Owl Cottage and Wild Rose we ask you to pay a refundable Housekeeping deposit of £150 with your balance. This will be returned to you with 24 hours of vacation, subject to the properties being returned as they were let. This deposit will also cover any breakages.
18. Data Protection - Any personal information or details provided by the guests may from time to time be used to contact you with special offers or information from Bairnkine Cottages. If you would prefer not to receive any of this information please contact:
Bairnkine Cottages, Stewards Cottage, The Bairnkine, Jedburgh. TD8 6PH. Tel - 07798655248 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Wifi Terms - Bairnkine Cottages offer a shared broadband internet connection, should you wish to access this connection you are agreeing to the following terms;
-Bairnkine Cottages accepts no risk for any damage done to your computer if you do not take sufficient steps to maintain your own software firewalls or antivirus software.
- You remain responsible for monitoring access made to the internet by users of your computer by you and other persons with you at anytime, including Under 18s. We reserve the right to provide contact details about tenants to the internet service provider or any relevant investigating authority that makes a reasonable request for information. Our judgement will be the sole arbiter of whether the request is valid.
- We do not levy a charge for the provision of broadband within your rental or on top of such rental. Your rental does not guarantee that broadband will be permanently available or provide a minimum guaranteed connection speed. We will make every effort to ensure that the internet service provider maintains an appropriate service under its terms and conditions, however should the facility not be available for any period of time for whatever reason we do not provide a refund on rental.
20. The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.